Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Off to high school

Yesterday I went in to shadow at my new job. The teacher going out on leave is not due until Sept. 24, but she wanted to make sure I had a feel for things in case she had the baby early. The school is enormous and I was immediately intimidated by the fact that well, high school students are most certainly taller than middle school students. And so much more independent! Of course several students forgot to bring a writing utensil to class and were already making excuses for lacking supplies and not completing homework. That much appears to be the same. They will be an interesting bunch, that's for sure! The co-teachers are all experienced, enthusiastic teachers who each seem to have that eccentricity that I remember from my own high school teachers. I was most nervous about the Government class, but the teacher is great and I know I will learn a lot from him. I look forward to going back to work and just hope I don't get lost when I get there!

No comments: