Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back daycare!

OK, so it's not like it was the first day of Kindergarten or anything, but it sure felt like it! Paul has been to daycare before, but this time it is at a center instead of someones home. He has his own cubby and hook, where he proudly hung his cookie monster backpack. It took some serious self-control to keep from bawling right there in front of his new teacher. I was oddly calmed by the fact that she (his teacher) seemed just as nervous as I was (today is "moving up" day and she had all brand new kids). It was weird being on the other side of the parent-teacher relationship. Paul happily joined in with the other boys and girls in the classroom and made himself right at home. He gave me a kiss goodbye before I left and that was that. Paul back daycare. Now I can focus all of my nervous energy on the long-term substitute job that starts later this month. I will be co-teaching 11th and 12th grade English and Government. Should be fun! Honestly, could the boy look any happier?

No comments: