Saturday, August 9, 2008

A visit from Carrie & Amy

A conversation between two two year olds can be quite riveting. Take Paul & Piper (my friend Carrie's daughter) for example. They sat across from each other in the mini van & had several conversations along these lines:
Piper: "My juice!"
Paul: "NO!"
Piper: "My juice!"
Paul: "NO!"
Piper: "My juice!"
Paul: "NO!"
You get the idea. This went on for a good five minutes. I started to feel like I was trapped in a Family Guy joke that lasts just a little too long. The toddlers enjoyed tormenting each other in the car & I got a glimpse into my future with two children. Despite the bantering, Paul enjoyed having company for a few days & I was happy to have two of my buddies around.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, you're definitely in for it with two! We've already been hearing it in the stroller: "Mom! He's touching me! His feet are on my side!" I've never been so tired. . .